The Courant Squir 2.0 is designed especially for SRT (Single Rope Technique) or use as an access line. Courant has re-developed Squir, so version 2.0 has a more durable but still flexible polyester sheath. Its very low stretch (below 2% elongation) ensures that the bounce effect of this 11.5 mm access rope is kept to a minimum when climbing. French manufacturer Courant also heat treated the smooth polyester 32 strands rope for greater stability.
The sheath endures the bites of sharp toothed cam ascenders and the rope stays firmly round while descending. Users admire the performance of the rope when combined with the latest metal friction devices that market offers.
The Courant Squir 2.0 is ideal for work at height, tree felling, firefighting and rescue services.
Key features of Courant Squir 2.0
- Low stretch
- Heat treated for extra stability
- Superior wear resistance
- The rope retains its flexibility over time
- Exciting color combinations available (red, yellow)
- Diameter: 11.5mm
- Materials and construction: 32-strand Polyester sheath with X-Braid Polyamide Core
- Static resistance: 30kN
- Resistance with figure of 8 knot: 21kN
- Mass per meter: 91gram
- Sheath percentage: 43%
- Sheath slippage: 0.2%
- Elongation 50/150Kg: 2%
- Knotability: 0.74
- Retraction with water: 1.5%
- Maximum lifespan: 10 years under normal working conditions